- Chrome: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
- Firefox: %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\
- Internet Edge: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default
Good article to follow below.
Recommended approach is to clone the hard drive so you don’t have to worry about the Windows licence key info
- Recuva – http://www.piriform.com/
- Reviews – https://www.pcmag.com/roundup/353756/the-best-data-recovery-software
If your Word Press site goes down and nothing shows up. It might be a matter of removing all of the plug ins. To do that, follow these directions:
- Open an FTP client
- Navigate to wp-content
- Locate plugin’s
- Rename Plugin’s to (Plugin.old)
- Then try the site and it should open up
- The site should open now and you can re-activate the plug-ins
With iOS 11 and iTunes 12.7, this is a little more tricky that it used to be. Follow these rough steps:
- BUY and download the song. Even though I have Apple music, it did not work unless I bought the song as there was a point that it would not allow modification of a downloaded song that you did not buy. Something about a protected file.
- Once downloaded and in iTunes (v12.7 was used), so to File > Convert > Create ACC version
- This will create a duplicate of the song in iTunes
- Right click on the song, select Options and then trim the song to about 30 or 40 seconds and save/close
- Right click on the song, select Show in Windows Explorer
- In windows explorer, make sure in Options you have “Hide for extensions” turned off
- In windows explorer, change the extension to .m4r
- In iTunes, connect your phone, open iTunes and select your phone so you can see the contents of your phone on the left side of iTunes. You should now see “tones” displayed for your phone
- In iTunes, on the left select Tones, and you should see any tones already on your phone
- Open a split screen and drag your new .m4r song into the Tones area of your phone
- Now sync iTunes with your phone and it should be on your phone
- Now go to your phone Settings > Sounds > Ringtones and look for the new ringtone to select
Here’s a youtube video to help visualize the process. However I had to tweak the video slightly as it did not work for me exactly as it did on this video
Good tool for:
- Mac data recovery. Also works for Windows
- create a bootable USB stick for the Mac
Lenovo – 800-426-7378
- update security settings in gmail
- IF 2 factor is setup, then create an app password (instructions here)
- IF no 2 factor is setup, then just allow app access (instructions here)
- Once the above is done, then add in Control panel > Mail > create new account/profile
On a national level, Equifax is just the latest company to experience a security breach. On a more local level, are you concerned about what information is on your old computer that could be leaked or revealed, which in turn is why that old computer is still sitting in the corner!!
To get rid of your computer and still be safe, all that you need to do is remove the hard drive. That is the only item in your whole computer (laptop or desktop) that contains your data. The hard drive is normally not too difficult to remove and is very small. If you do a You Tube search for your computer and add “remove the hard drive” you will most like find a video that shows how to do this. Once it’s removed, just head to the nearest community e-cycle event.
If this is a little intimidating, just call me. I can take care of this for you!